This is a bit of work and I like to make my own pumpkin puree – but so worth it!
2 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree (I used cooked butternut squash) or canned pumpkin puree
½ tsp each ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon
2 tbsps maple syrup
½ cup heavy cream
2 large eggs
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
Whipped cream, to serve
1. Pastry: Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Place flour, salt and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Combine egg and confectioners sugar and whisk with a fork. Add to the flour mixture and process for 5 seconds or until the mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
4. Filling: Place pumpkin in a food processor with the spices, maple syrup and cream and process to combine.
6. Beat together the eggs and brown sugar in a small bowl, then stir into the pumpkin mixture.
7. Assembling Pie: Bring pastry to room temperature and roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper to 1/16 inch thickness.
8. Press into 10 inch flan tin with removable base. Trim edges. Place in freezer for 15 mins.
9. Remove from freezer and line with non-stick baking paper, then fill with pastry weights or rice and blind bake for 10 mins.
10. Remove paper and weights . Reduce the oven temperature to 340° F and bake for a further 5 mins. Pour in filling and bake for 1 hr until the filling is set. Set aside to cool.
11. Serve with whipped cream
See the original recipe here
I am always on the lookout for sweet pumpkin recipes – please share yours in the comments