The possibility of death from carbon monoxide poisoning is much higher in the winter months when houses are closed and various forms of heaters, stoves, and appliances use gas or other combustible materials for fuel. Carbon monoxide is a highly toxic gas produced when carbon based materials are incompletely burned.

It is critical that all gas burning appliances as well as stoves and fireplaces are vented properly to avoid the build up carbon monoxide.

Remember, you can’t see it, taste it or smell it, so make sure carbon monoxide never has a chance to harm those you love.