Young children may swallow the small magnetic balls found in many popular desk toys. Young children may swallow the small magnetic balls found in many popular desk toys. They may not choke the child, but they can cause serious health issues.

If magnets get into the digestive system, they can create bowel obstructions or attract charges to each other causing potential harm to vital organs. Make sure all such magnetic items are kept securely away from young children.

For more information, see Medical New’s video and full article called “Eating Magnets a Growing Danger: What to Do If Your Child Swallows Them?